Medal Stories

I recently posted this to one of the NYC Marathon Facebook Groups. Have a look at one of the responses. This is one of the things that make the marathon so special.

Let's share medal stories. I'll start. I had a great experience with my medal last year. When I crossed the border on my way back to Montreal the border guard asked me if I had anything to declare. I said yes I do, and showed her my medal. She said "Wow, can I hold it?". I gave it to her and we had a nice running conversation. After giving it back to me she asked if I had anything else to declare. I said "Yes, I have some groceries, a couple of bottles of wine, and a bottle of scotch". She smiled and said "Oh, you deserve that".

Here is one of the comments.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my Blog!

The Little Voice

Children and Sugar