I've started this blog to motivate you to adopt a healthier lifestyle through better eating habits and exercise. I'll be posting articles that I've had published, relate some of my running stories, and try to show you how you can do what I did.
NYC Marathon 2025 Pictures
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
NYC Marathon 2025 Pictures
The Verrazano Bridge, the first of 5 bridges that we cross. They are The Pulaski, The Queensboro, The Willis Avenue, and The Madison Avenue.
How long did it take? As a runner I get lots of questions. Some of them are funny, some are based on misinformation, and some provoke thought. After the “knee” question this question is in second place. “So, how long did it take?”. It usually follows the question “How much did you run today?” or after running a full marathon. After a marathon I sometimes answer “I tied for first in distance” but most of the time I answer that I have no idea how long it took. Really??? they’ll say. Yes, really. I don’t time my runs and haven’t for a very long time. I used to but got to the point where my day would be spoiled if I was off my pace from the previous day or if I didn’t beat my previous best time for a run. Then one day I decided that I would stop timing myself. It was the best decision I’ve made when it comes to running. I now run to run. I stop to take pictures; I talk to other runners. When I run on the mountain here in Montreal, I’ll usually stop to give directions to...
My Back Story No, it's not a story about the details of another story. It's about my lower back problem. About 25 years ago I experienced a bout of terrible lower back pain. I went to my doctor and took medications. It didn’t help. A friend recommended a chiropractor. I tried a few sessions, but it didn't help. Another friend suggested a massage therapist. I went a few times. After each session I would feel better for a day or two but after that the pain returned. At my last session with the therapist, he asked me to take him through my day to see if he could pinpoint something I was doing that would explain the problem. We did that. At the time I was running a software company. Unlike today not all my work involved using a computer. I had a desk and a computer table. The computer table was near my desk and to get to it I would push my chair (which was on wheels) over to the computer desk. When finished I would roll back to my desk. The distance was about 7 feet, and the f...
Welcome to my Blog! My name is Shmarya Richler. I live in Montreal. In March 2016 my doctor prescribed medication for my elevated blood pressure. I was 59. At the time I was also suffering from a hiatus hernia and gout. The hernia was causing severe acid reflux. The doctor also told me that my sugar numbers were creeping up. I decided that I really did not want to take pills because I felt that once I start one pill begets another. At the time I was doing some power walking but was very inconsistent. I was not watching what I eat so my weight was high. I read that running revs the metabolism better than walking. So, I started doing some running and changed my eating habits. When I started I couldn't run 200 yards without stopping. So, I started slowly by running a little and then walking. Slowly but surely, I built up endurance to the point where I could run 5K without stopping. From there I kept building mileage and in June 2018 I ran my first full marathon. I’ve done a lot of ru...
Comments
Post a Comment